13 July, 2015
A quick list of benefits from adopting a DevOps culture in a software company. Each business role have its how needs then specific benefits:
- Developers: Automated development environments for testing, experimenting and building quality software.
- Operations: Automation also helps by eliminating human errors common in manual operations.
- Test engineers: Can provision a test environment that is virtually identical to the production environment, resulting in more accurate testing and better ability to predict the performance of new releases.
- Product managers: Thanks to the collaborative spirit of DevOps, teams actually care about business requirements and foster relationships with product managers.
- Executives: It helps the organization deliver high-quality products and get them to market much faster than competitors using traditional methods of software development—actions that impact the bottom line and build brand value.
Tags: benefits, devops